Vs > Portland, Maine
Hua Hin vs Portland, Maine Climate & Distance Between
Hua Hin vs Yaounde, Cameroon
Hua Hin vs Udon Thani, Thailand
Hua Hin vs Waiotapu Forest, New Zealand
Hua Hin vs Choir, Mongolia
Portland, Maine vs Penticton, Bc, Canada
Portland, Maine vs Morehead City, Nc, Usa
Portland, Maine vs Salloum, Egypt
Portland, Maine vs Paoli, In, Usa
Luanda vs Helsinki, Vantaa
Royal Oak, Md vs Holsteinsborg
Ciudad Real vs Bhumibol Dam
Chitral vs Barquisimeto
- The distance between Hua Hin, Thailand and Portland, Maine, Usa is approximately 13,685 km or 8,504 mi.
- To reach Hua Hin in this distance one would set out from Portland, Maine bearing 11.4° or NNE and follow the great circles arc to approach Hua Hin bearing 171.6° or S .
- Hua Hin has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with dry winters (Aw) whereas Portland, Maine has a warm summer continental/ hemiboreal climate with no dry season (Dfb).
- Hua Hin is in or near the tropical moist forest biome whereas Portland, Maine is in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The average temperature is 20.1 °C (36.2°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 22.4 °C (40.3°F) less in Hua Hin. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 127.3 mm (5 in) less which is equivalent to 127.3 l/m² (3.12 US gal/ft²) or 1,273,000 l/ha (136,092 US gal/ac) less. About 8/9 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 26.3° higher in Hua Hin than in Portland, Maine.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Hua Hin relative to Portland, Maine. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Portland, Maine vs Hua Hin
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -77 (-3)
|| -66 (-3)
|| -66 (-3)
|| -69 (-3)
|| -14 (-1)
|| -97 (-4)
|| -127 (-5)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Hua Hin vs Sibiu, Romania
Hua Hin vs Poznan, Poland
Hua Hin vs Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada
Hua Hin vs Gioia Del Colle, Italy
Portland, Maine vs Chichijima, Japan
Portland, Maine vs Norman Wells, Northwest Territories, Canada
Portland, Maine vs Bouake, Ivory Coast
Portland, Maine vs Dorohoi, Romania
Tillabery vs Timimoun
Shionomisaki vs Tauherenikau
Sandvig, Bornholm vs Ballykelly, Northern Ireland
Koneurgench vs Ndola
Hua Hin vs Portland, Maine Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Hua Hin
Climate Guides for Locations near Portland, Maine
- Saint Johnsbury, Vt, Usa - 160.4 kms (99.7 miles) WNW
- Mount Washington, Nh, Usa - 104.4 kms (64.9 miles) NW
- Bethlehem, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Hanover, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Chelsea, Vt, Usa - 175.1 kms (108.8 miles) WNW
- Durham, Nh, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Keene, Nh, Usa - 154.2 kms (95.8 miles) WSW
- Lawrence, Ma, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Boston, Massachusetts, Usa - 154.1 kms (95.8 miles) SSW
- Framingham, Ma, Usa - 175.9 kms (109.3 miles) SSW
- Milton/ Blue Hill, Ma, Usa - 172.2 kms (107 miles) SSW